By entering the competition, you are agreeing to the rules of the competition. We have a strict set of rules, so that everyone is treated fairly, equally and every singer/ act is on a level playing field.
Filming and Shooting Videos & Audio Information
- You may sing in any language
- You can shoot your video indoors, outdoors, home, wherever… Just remember that your singing performance has to be the main thing in the video.
- You may use a microphone or you may also sing straight in the camera’s mic.
- You may use a mixer, compressor, EQ, reverb etc. as long as the vocal performance is live.
- The video has to be one shot and no editing is allowed.
- The video has to be shot only after you have received these instructions and it must not be published anywhere before this competition
- No editing of the sound or lip syncing - we have the technology to verify this!
- We has the right to disqualify a video if we find it has been edited in any way and we have the technical means to check.
- The max length of a video is 8 minutes.
- The max size of one video is 500 mb.
- All videos must be shot from the front so that your fact is visible. The singer has to be visible through the whole video.
- Shot from close enough so that you can be seen and heard well
- Shot from enough distance so that the music can also be heard in case you’re singing straight in your camera
The video must NOT include
- other people
- any kind of brands, logos etc
- any kind of messages that can be interpreted as offensive
- anything you do not have permission to include
- band entries must have the permission of all members
Contestants that are under 18 years old must have permission by their parents to enter the competition and have their performance distributed online.
Contestants must be unsigned
Contestants must follow each and every instruction as specified in the rules.
A non-refundable show fee of £3.99 is due when submitting your application. This is to cover administration, licensing, judging and prize pool costs.
Judges have final decision.
Vocal Star reserves the right add/reduce the number of rounds/contestants at any time
Vocal Star reserves the right to change the live stream dates and times for any reason
Any video that does not follow our instructions will not qualify for the competition, although judges will still critique the performance. We do not take any responsibility for any videos that we can’t access due to an incorrect URL or privacy settings.
1. The competition is organised and promoted by Vocal Star Ltd
2. I acknowledge that the purpose of the competition is the search for a solo artist, or band, future star and musical theatre performer and the competition.
Applications made on behalf of a band must have the consent of all members of the group before applying. You understand the nature of the competition and in applying, give consent to the recording and use of my contribution.
3. The competition requires a non-refundable entrance fee to complete an entry. This is a minimal charge to cover administration, licensing, judges and also a contribution to the prize pool.
4. Please note, at no point in the future, other than the entrance fee, will there be any other charges.
5. Vocal Star may use submitted performances for marketing and promotional purposes, including but not limited to national and international broadcast, including rights to reproduce and edit footage.
6. In the event that you perform any music and/or lyrics which are composed and/or written by you (“Composition(s)”), you hereby warrant that such Composition(s) are wholly original to yourself, are not subject to any third party rights or encumbrances which have not been notified to the Vocal Star prior to a performance of such Composition(s) for the competition and the performance and inclusion of such Composition(s) as part of the competition do not infringe the rights of any third party nor any statutory rights in any material.
7. I hereby warrant that I have not entered into any commercial, sponsorship or other agreement or arrangement with any person, firm or company in respect of my entry in the competition and/or musical, musical writing and/or performing abilities and will not do so.
8. If you are under 18 years old you must obtain the consent of parent(s) or legal guardian(s) and enter their details as provided in the application form prior to my entry into the competition.
9. All personal details and/or information given in my application either in this form or otherwise must be truthful, accurate and in no way misleading. I undertake to inform Vocal Star immediately if any such information becomes inaccurate.
10. You acknowledge that Vocal Star reserves the right to remove or disqualify me from the competition at their absolute discretion and that the decision of Vocal Star is final. I acknowledge that Vocal Star will have no liability to me if I am unable to attend or take part in the competition.
11. Vocal Star reserves the right to disqualify any contestant if they supply untruthful, inaccurate or misleading personal details and/or information, have failed to abide by the Rules and/or are in breach of the terms hereof.
12. Vocal Star reserves the right to disqualify any contestant if they are deemed to be acting outside the spirit of the competition. The Company’s decisions shall be final.
13. No refunds will be given, under any circumstances for entrance fees.
14. Contestants must act within the official rules of the competition.
Vocal Star will not be held liable for any third party claims or loss of earnings due to late delivery or failure of the products. These would be circumstances beyond our control and be assured, we will be doing all we can to resolve them
The use of pictures and text from this website are subject to copyright. Please always ask for permission before using any of the images or parts of / entire sections of text from the website.
Thank you very much for choosing to make a purchase with Vocal Star. We value your business and hope you are a customer for many years to come.